High Value Home Insurance
High Value Home Insurance Information
What is high value home insurance?
Your high value home may not be adequately covered under a standard homeowner insurance policy. Instead, you may need a policy that fills in coverage gaps and recognizes the unique coverage needs of the finest built homes. These polices are designed to protect homes with values in excess of $750,000. We can assist you in selecting a comprehensive policy to protect your home and your family for years to come. This policy is under the form HO5 instead of the standard HO3.
What does high value home insurance cover?
High value home insurance includes higher limits and exclusive features to provide more coverage to quality homes. Many of these policies are flexible and can be tailored to the unique needs of each family. Some of your coverage options may include the following:
- Property coverage: Many policies may cover the full replacement cost of your home, even if it exceeds policy limits. Compensation rates are determined with similar construction quality and specialized location in mind. The goal is to completely restore your home and family to your accustomed lifestyle.
- Valuable contents coverage: Contents coverage may replace your property with the same or similar quality items. An added benefit of this policy is the coverage of valuable luxury items, such as jewelry, fine art, electronic equipment, antiques, wine and other items of value. It may be wise to make a Checklist of your items and keep it somewhere safe in the event of a loss. Home Inventory List.docx
- Increased expenses coverage: After a covered loss, rebuilding efforts may be thwarted by a higher mortgage rate or changes in building code. This policy can cover the difference between what you previously paid and what you are expected to begin paying.
- Sewer and drain backup coverage: Sewer backups and drain or toilet overflows can lead to high expenses associated with cleanup and repair work. This coverage can be added to your policy to protect against these detrimental incidents.
- Secondary residence coverage: Vacation and/or seasonal homes should be similarly insured. You can add multiple homes to your high value home insurance policy to protect all of your properties against potential risks.
Ask an agent
We will help you find a policy to fully protect your home and family. Where standard polices may fall flat, high value home insurance policies offer specialized coverage to fit the needs of the lifestyle you are accustomed to. Call us today to begin protecting your future.
Thank you for your interest in Svendsen Insurance Agency. We work with multiple A+ carriers to bring you the best coverage, knowledgeable staff and quality customer service. Please feel free to call our office at 203-397-3993 or email your questions and an insurance agent will reply promptly.
Svendsen Insurance Agency Insures:
Woodbridge, New Haven, West Haven, Middlesex, Hartford, Litchfield, Fairfield, Branford, North Branford, Wallingford, Meriden, Waterbury
and surrounding areas throughout Connecticut.